Date: January 12,2012
, one of Alberta’s most innovative and leading non-profits, is seeking an experienced professional to work collaboratively with our CEO in the capacity of Executive Assistant
This position requires you to work independently. You must possess the ability to work closely and intuitively with the CEO in all facets of the business. Handling confidential information with poise, discretion and trustworthiness is essential. We are a fast-paced organization, where change is the expected norm.
We are most interested in an individual with great initiative, a self-starter with strong organizational skills and an innate ability to prioritize. The flexible, detail-oriented candidate must also possess excellent communication and written skills, and a professional demeanour.
Key Result Areas:
• Manage the Administrative Functions of the Board by:
- Scheduling and coordinating board meetings and related materials including agendas and minutes
- Preparing and maintaining a variety of records and files, including information of a confidential nature Create, distribute and maintain confidential correspondence and documents
• Manage the Administrative Functions of the CEO’s Office by:
- Being first point of contact for matters referred to the CEO, problem-solving matters as appropriate
- Coordinating the day-to-day operations of the CEO (emails, voicemail, calendar, etc.)
- Responding independently to routine correspondence;
- Preparing, editing and proofreading correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material as appropriate
- Analyzing incoming and outgoing memoranda, submissions and reports; preparing and coordinating the preparation and submission of summary briefs and reports to the CEO
- Representing the CEO to all external stakeholders in a transparent and professional manner
• Manage Special Projects as Required by:
• Compiling data, statistics and other information, conducting on-line research
• Formalizing information in professional presentations requiring advanced PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
• Recording and preparing minutes of meetings and agendas, and ensuring their distribution as appropriate
• Demonstrated ability to make creative and independent decisions and proven flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the organization
• Experience working with a Board of Directors
• High level of organization with a proven track record of prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with meticulous attention to detail
• Experience working with tight time lines, and a proven ability to deliver results on time
• Ability to deal with diverse groups in a diplomatic and friendly manner; providing quality customer-
service to a variety of stakeholders
• Advanced technical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Bachelor’s Degree or certificate in related field from a recognized post secondary institution and a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)Prospect
offers highly competitive compensation, including a full benefits package and RRSP contribution matching, commensurate to experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by email, quoting the reference #PEA-002 in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
, we value the diversity of people. Diversity at Prospect
means a workplace where individual differences are recognized and appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. In all circumstances Prospect
will make reasonable accommodations to enable all people to perform essential job functions.
All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada, and only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Related Listings:Calgary Career and Employment Listings Volunteer Calgary wowjobs.ca - Calgary Charity Jobs Indeed - Calgary Non Profit and Charity Jobs Charity Village Calgary Career Centre Student Researcher
CATEGORY: Social Services